O M G ! I love A V O C A D O S !
Smashing it onto toast is an extra special creamy delight and it’s nutritious too!
I originally was introduced to this concept at an Australian-inspired brunch cafe in Philadelphia and since then I’ve been hooked. If you try this out, I’m sure you will be addicted too!
Avocados are loaded with healthy heart-healthy fats, fiber and vitamins & antioxidants. Not only do they contain a variety of vitamins, but they have more potassium than a banana. Although 77% is made up of fat (oleic acid), studies have shown that this is in fact healthy monounsaturated fatty acid that can reduce inflammation and is beneficial on genes linked to cancer! Being high in fiber is also great for weight loss and to assist with blood glucose control. (reference)
- A slice of Bread
- I prefer a whole grain toast with seeds – use your favourite!
- I use raw honey, can either skip this step or use maple syrup, agave, etc.
- Half of a ripe Avocado – save the other half for the following day!
- Grape Tomatoes – three to four needed per slice
- Feta Cheese
- a small cube is all you need, no precise recommendation, add as little or as much as you like
- Toast the bread
- Once toasted, smear on butter and then honey over top – this is your base and the butter and honey will give a wonderfully sweet (but not overbearing) taste to the toast
- Smash your 1/2 avocado and place it on the toast
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half and place over the avocado spread
- Sprinkle feta on top
Yum! Crunch crunch. Enjoy!