Written by Arlini.
Name of Mask and about the Brand:
Charcoal Pore Minimizing Hydrogel Mask by Boscia. Made in Korea. 1.17 oz.
Interestingly, Boscia is one of the world’s first preservative free skin care lines.
Unique Material and Ingredients :
Activated Bamboo Charcoal : this comes from mature bamboo plants that have been harvested and burned in ovens at very high temperatures of 800-1200°C. It’s origins go way back to the Chinese Ming Dynasty from around the year 1486. It is actually called “the Black Diamond” for it’s healing properties that are often used for medicinal purposes. It is known to remove toxins by binding and pulling dirt out of pores, which essentially minimizes pores. With the same pulling effect, it can also pull out unwanted excess oil and help take care of acne by deep cleaning the skin.
From Sephora’s website :
- Marine Collagen: Supports antiaging to help the skin become firmer and softer.
- Tea Tree Oil: Penetrates deep into the pores, drying out blackheads and whiteheads without drying out skin.
- Activated Bamboo Charcoal: Draws out dirt, oil, and impurities from pores, while refining the skin.
- Allantoin: Soothes the skin and works to increase cell turnover to help with exfoliation.
This product is pH-balanced, naturally-deep cleaning, and contains 100 percent vegetable fiber. It is free of preservatives, artificial fragrance, color, ethanol alcohol, and gluten. It is dermatologist tested and vegan-friendly.
- Good full sized mask that covered my entire face – 2 sheets one for upper face and one for lower face – was able to overlap mask to cover entire face evenly
- Clear instructions on packaging
- No scent
- Cooling/relaxing sensation when applied
- Very very clean feel after removing it
- $$$ expensive mask
- Two sheet mask – I prefer one sheet
- Very slippery when applying
- Not too sure how much it minimized my pores, may need to use it more frequently to see a noticeable difference
4/5 stars – I would repurchase but not for the current price of $11.
When opening the packaging, the mask was very slippery and it was a bit of a challenge to get it to lay on the skin comfortably. The mask also comes in two separate sheets – one for the upper face and one for the bottom face. It is meant to overlap on the cheeks. I found that it covered my face very well but it did take up more time having to place two sheets.
The mask has no scent and did not cause any irritation or tingling to my skin. It was very cooling and I felt relaxed with it on.
I removed the mask after 20 minutes. I did not see a noticeable difference regarding the size of my pores but my skin did feel very very clean and moisturized afterwards. I felt my skin was instantly hydrated.
Where I purchased it? Cost?
Sephora for $11 CAD. Received ⅗ stars online, most customers felt that it did nothing for their pores and was too slippery.
Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, 1,2-Hexanediol, Ceratonia Siliqua Gum, Chondrus Crispus Powder, Polysorbate 60, Charcoal Powder, Sodium Hyaluronate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Disodium EDTA, Peat Water, Citric Acid, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Potassium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Niacinamide, Allantoin, Algin, Potassium Sorbate.
Disclaimer : Writer is not affiliated to any of the brands or stores mentioned. This is an independent review.