This baked treat pairs off well with a cup of tea or coffee! I really enjoy it as an afternoon snack plus the tartness of the blueberries baked into a sweet muffin is a great way to perk up mid-day.
This recipe makes roughly 15 muffins or 12 normal sized muffins and 6 mini muffins.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 180 Celsius.
- Prepare your muffin tray either with some anti-stick spray or muffin papers
- Combine the wet ingredients : oil, applesauce, milk and vanilla
- Combine the dry ingredients : flour, sugar, salt and baking powder
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients a little bit at a time until about ¼ cup of the dry ingredients is left in the bowl
- Toss the blueberries with the remaining dry mixture and then combine everything together
- Start filling your muffin tray with the batter – fill until ¾ full
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown, or until springy to touch. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool before eating.