Whenever I think of Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chip Cookies, I think of that FRIENDS episode where Phoebe and Monica try to re-create Phoebe’s grandmothers famous ‘secret’ recipe for the best chocolate chip cookies ever, only to discover that it was the recipe from the Nestle chocolate chip packet! Haha! Nestle website recipe available here.
This is MY favourite cookie recipe and I love the DOUBLE chocolately goodness.
Makes about 50 cookies.
- 2 ¼ cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1 cup packed Brown Sugar
- ¾ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoon Egg Replacer (with 9 tablespoons milk)
- 2 cups Chocolate Chips
- (optional) 1 cup Chopped Nuts (I used walnuts)
- Preheat your oven to 180 Celsius and prepare your baking trays with parchment paper
- In a mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and egg replacer until creamy.
- In another bowl, combine the dry ingredients – all-purpose flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredient mix to the mixer mix
- Add in the chocolate chips and optional chopped nuts and turn off the mixer when fully combined
- Use your hands to mould flattened tablespoon sized rounded cookies onto your baking tray
- Bake for about 10 minutes
- Allow to cool before eating!