First day in Nusa Dua :
Checked in at The Grand Mirage All Inclusive Resort. We chose this resort as it offered an all inclusive option – we chose the Gold option, this included all food & beverages, including special nightly shows, water sports and activities. They claim to be a 5 star hotel.
My thoughts on the hotel :
- Not a 5 star hotel, more like a 3 star if you compare it to other 5 star hotels internationally
- We checked in, the staff seemed confused about our reservation and they bumped us to their sister ‘family’ style hotel about 400m from the main hotel, this was not what we paid for or expected which was upsetting.
- In terms of room service – they do not offer the full menu at all times of the day which we were not told about. For example: we wanted to order desserts late in the night but were told they cannot accommodate the dishes we wanted and had to chose from a limited menu 😦
- Their food at their restaurants : they had a good choice on the menu, however, I did not find any of their meals extraordinary, everything was average. Breakfast buffet had a lot of options but poor signage explaining what each dish was or what its ingredients were.
- Water sports : we went kayaking in the ocean which was a lot of fun! I’d recommend doing that!
- Beach : well maintained clean beach and sand with lounger and umbrellas for guest use.
- Pool : clean and refreshing. The loungers by the pool are first come first served so you better be there early to reserve your spot.
We spent the majority of our first day exploring the hotel and resting by the pool and beach. We ate a lot of food and just hung out!
Second day in Nusa Dua :
This was an exciting day because Game of Thrones Season 7 premiered! We watched it at 9AM which was on par with the time it played in North America. We decided to get room service at 9AM aka dessert for breakfast so that we could enjoy the show.
The rest of the day was spent at the beach, swimming in the warm waters and just resting.
For dinner at the hotel : we saw a Balinese Fire Show with dinner buffet.